What we aim to achieve through our History Curriculum, the schemes we follow and why...
* For all learners we aim to create interest, enjoyment and engagement in learning about History.
* Children who can engage in a process of enquiry based learning.
* We aim to develop the skills such as comparing and evaluating historical evidence that the children can take forward in to Key Stage 2.
* The National curriculum aims and objectives are followed, BFIS curriculum map
* Children’s interest and high engagement.
* Practical activities relevant to children’s interests.
* Development of historical skills- identification of evidence, evaluation of evidence and historical vocabulary.
How our History Curriculum is delivered...
* Topic themed and cross curricular
*Mantle of the expert
* Blocks of topic work across a term.
What difference is our History Curriculum making? What assessments we use? How we track progress...
Progress is tracked using Target Tracker, book looks and pupil voice.
Ways We Celebrate History...
* Trip to the Braintree Museum
* Class assemblies
How our History Curriculum meets the needs of all Learners...
* Practical activities to interest and motivate.
* Clear expectations for what children will record ie. Number of sentences, photos, scribing.
* Pre-teaching of vocabulary.
* Extended questioning, research challenges.