Barnes Farm Infant School
Barnes Farm Infant School is a school for 4 -7 year old children in Chelmsford, Essex. We have a wonderful team of staff, active and informed governors and supportive families who all help the children to be safe and happy and to make exceptional progress. It is our aim to make sure that all members of our school community are supported and feel included and valued.
The children are divided into classes according to age. Children will progress through the National Curriculum on an individual basis with appropriate individual educational plans being provided for children with special educational needs and for more able pupils.
Parent and Carer Survey - Summer 2018
Our Summer 2018 Parent and Carer Survey asked our parents and carers what we do particularly well. Here are some of their responses:
- A creative curriculum. Open door policy. Wide range of clubs. Good communication via newsletter.
- Barnes Farm Infant School welcomed my daughter midway through reception. She really enjoys going to school and has a good attitude towards learning. She is soon to go into Year 2 and I feel she will continue to improve. The teachers do a great job.
- It’s only been our first year at the infants, we have had an amazing first teacher whose enthusiasm and support has been above and beyond. (We will miss her!) So far I would say Early years is a wonderful environment for a child’s first year at Barnes Farm.
- Teachers are very caring and encouraging. The reception team have been brilliant this year and my son has loved the Mantle of the Expert learning they have all done.
- Making subjects fun and interactive. SENCo support.
- The school feels equally there for the parents as it is for the children. My son chose this school on his own and I was thrilled with his choice. He couldn't have attended a better school.
- You have given my child lots more confident this year and have encouraged the things that she is good at
- Create a safe happy learning environment
- Take an interest in each child individually
- Lovely, approachable staff
- As well as learning I believe the children’s happiness and well being is higher up on the list than anything else and this school makes my child feel safe and excited to go, with caring teachers a solid start to their education is had here
Barnes Farm Junior School
The children from Barnes Farm Infant School transfer to Barnes Farm Junior School. Although we are two separate schools, we work very closely together and are both proud to be part of the Chelmsford Learning Partnership. Please click below to find out more information: